Monday, April 19, 2010

Google

I went through several sites on Google....I found one of the most interesting sections was Google Books. With their court case settled, Google seems to be gaining control over an extensive body of information.

With respect to all that Google offers, it can organize our worlds with calendars, expand our social setting, open up the world and universe up to us through google earth and breaking news available twenty-four seven. In some ways it is quite an amazing maze of interconnectedness, in other ways, it makes one question what it means in the long term. Once we become dependent on one source, what implications does that have on our lives? It is a tool but we become more dependent on it as a source of information and we do not often question it's authenticity or authority....what does that mean for the next generation?

The newer generations are embracing and entering this new world without preconceptions or anxieties about its capabilities. Even though it brings many exciting aspects, I still find it somewhat disconcerting.

No comments:

Post a Comment