How comfortable are you using Best Websites, after this practice?
Do you have any tips for using Best Websites on Delicious?
In the past, I have gone into Delicious to search out websites bookmarked for staff use. I found the screen very busy, that the Bundled Tags were quite confusing, , and I did not understand how items were organized. More often then not, I would opt out of the bookmarks and search for information using a search engine instead.
I was also unclear if the websites were all tagged websites by Delicious users or if only the library's sites were included in the listing. I was relying on the fact that our staff had vetted the websites before posting. If that was not the case, the bookmarks defeated the purpose of being reliable sources.
I utilized this opportunity to better understand how CPL's Delicious bookmarks are organized. I now see that the items listed are sites chosen by our staff members. I also understand that the Bundled Tags do not include all of the subject headings. I am now able to sort the items in a meaningful and organized fashion making my search of the databases more efficient and effective.
This is like figuring out the answer to a puzzle...challenging and rewarding!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment